The primary purpose of a business headshot is to show to potential clients and associates that you are professional, reliable, trustworthy, and approachable. Looking approachable yet confident in a headshot all starts with what you decide to wear. If you wear clothing you do not feel comfortable in, it will show in your expression.
Clothing is the most important factor in your headshot, but it is definitely not the focus. When you wear proper clothing, it allows your face to command attention in the portrait and the clothing itself becomes secondary. As in life, wearing the wrong clothing takes center stage and takes attention from where you want it – on you, or in this case, on your face.
General Business Portrait Attire Tips
• Wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in
• Bring a few options for entire outfits or jackets
• Keep it simple when it comes to patterns or avoid them entirely by utilizing solids
• Prepare a business casual look if you would like a headshot in that style
• Consider your type of business and dress in the appropriate tone
Business Portrait Attire For Men
• Mix and match appropriately when it comes to dress shirts and ties
• Outfits can have an entirely different tone when removing a tie
Business Portrait Attire For Women
• Necklines can affect the shape of your face in photos so consider the shirt or blouse you use
• Avoid jewelry that may distract from your face, so simple accessories are best
• If your shoes will be in the photo, make sure to bring a few options for your outfits
Whether you have done headshots in the past a hundred times or have never had a photo take, at Capitol Photo Headshots you will leave with an excellent image that will take your presence to the next level.