Consumers now spend over three hours a day on their smartphones, and 87 percent of smartphone owners say they use a search engine on their smartphone at least once a day. It is a simple fact that the world is going mobile, so it is imperative to have a mobile website, not only to ensure you do not miss out on getting found by local consumers searching via mobile, but also so that you can deliver the experience that consumers expect when they get to your website from a mobile device.
The best mobile websites are simple to use. A simplified version of your site will take into account the smaller screen size and slower loading times that mobile customers must deal with, and in these cases, less is always more. However you do not have to sacrifice awesome design on mobile sites for functionality. You can still create visually appealing mobile designs, but think about usability first and design second. Continue reading Key Elements Every Mobile Website Should Have
Mobile websites are playing a vital role in ensuring the success of a website. They are designed to deliver appropriate information to the prospective clients in a unique manner than the conventional website. The reason is that the mobile users will be able to interact with your site in a different way on their device when compared to the traditional browser. Below are just a few of the advantages of having a mobile optimized website for your business.
Improved SEO Performance
A mobile website provides improved rankings on mobile friendly search engines such as Google and Yahoo, and also allows placement in a growing number of mobile and local directories. Continue reading Advantages of Mobile Optimized Websites For Businesses
These days, it’s absolutely essential for local businesses to have a mobile website. Yet, understandably, business owners may wonder if the return on investment (ROI) is worth it and better, yet, will a mobile website help boost ROI. Not only is a mobile website important for the success of your business, but it can certainly boost your ROI:
- Click to Call: Mobile websites provide a simple way for consumers to tap a button or screen and have their call connected to a business. The convenience alone has helped a multitude of companies gain new business.
- Shopping at Any Time, Any Hour: One of the best benefits for consumers is that a mobile website allows them to shop any time, any place, and anywhere. With so many people on the go, this is important to feature to offer. Round-the-clock shopping of course, gives local businesses the opportunity to reach more potential customers.
- Mobile websites can be developed to accommodate any type of device that has an Internet connection, from Blackberries, iPhones, Android-based smartphones, and more. Subsequently, this allows everyone the ability to access a mobile website that is user-friendly according to a device’s dimensions and capabilities.
- Faster Loading Times: Mobile websites are designed to load much quicker than traditional websites on mobile devices. With faster load times, not only are people twice as likely to stay on a mobile website to seek information, but they are also like to become return users. Furthermore, optimized mobile websites increase the chances of customers referring others to your business.
- Consumer Smartphone Habits: Smartphone usage is not a fad, and its use is expected to continue to grow. Within the next few years, seeking information online via mobile devices will eclipse online searches performed any other way.
More than half of all smartphone users have shopped online, found business information, located store addresses, and researched products via mobile websites. Many of these smartphone users have gone on to make purchases in-store after utilizing an enhanced mobile website. In addition, the average smartphone user spends at least one hour per day using their phone. A good majority of this time is spent visiting websites.
- Location-targeted Mobile Promotions and Deals: Mobile websites can be customized in order to target consumers based upon location. Built-in GPS placed on mobile sites, the ability to connect while in-store, and location-based coupons are among a few ways to target local customers, which in turn can boost your ROI significantly.
Source: Experian: Americans Spend 58 Minutes a Day on Their Smartphones: http://www.experian.com/blogs/marketing-forward/2013/05/28/americans-spend-58-minutes-a-day-on-their-smartphones/?WT.srch=PR_EMS_smartphones_052813_press
Mobile Internet is one of the fastest-growing platforms ever. As a result, a multitude of business mobile websites are springing up as savvy business owners start to realize where most of their target audience is spending their time.
From product information to searching for a local plumber, people are using their phones more often than ever.
However, in order to have an effective mobile website, there are several key features that should be implemented that will help ensure that consumers are more likely to become paying customers:
- Trimmed down mobile website layouts allow the loading process to go much faster. Since cellphones are slower than laptops and desktop computers, this is imperative.
- Mobile websites make it simple for consumers to call and/or email your business with a simple tap on a touchscreen or cellphone button.
- Mobile websites can also be integrated into mobile maps, making it easier for people to locate your business.
- SMS and text messages can be integrated with your mobile website, making it easier for you to build a list of targeted leads and customers.
- Social Media is one of the top-ranked activities for mobile users. Mobile and social media go hand-in-hand.
- A mobile website can be easily integrated with your own social media business accounts to help you more actively engage with your mobile customers.
- Mobile users will have a way to share your mobile website with the masses via the major social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- While on the go, mobile consumers are usually looking for specific information about a business. The beauty in this is that half of them are likely to take some type of action as far as contacting or visiting the business within 24hrs.
- Mobile websites are created in a way to help move this conversion process along as quickly as possible; such as making your contact details as prominent as possible and including a strong call to action.
Mobile Coupons and Deals
- Mobile coupons and deals are more easily controlled via a mobile website through redemption tracking.
- Users can have the option to have a coupon or special emailed, shared via social networks, or saved to their cellphone.
- There are several tools available to help mobile sites schedule coupon start dates, expiration dates, and new promotions.